Wednesday 9 March 2016

Classical ZBrush Sculpt

This is my first proper human anatomy study done in ZBrush. It s based on the Discolobus of Myron - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Discobolus - my particular version is closely modeled on a version of the Townley discolobus at the British musuem.
It was created in ZBrush from scratch using ZSpheres as a base. When the sculpting was finished I exported mid sub div level meshes from ZBrush and re-topologised in Maya using quad draw. I then UV unwrapped the retopologised meshes and imported back to ZBrush for projecting the detail. I then baked out displacement, normal and various masking maps.

Texturing was done with a combination of Photoshop and Mudbox, Mudbox was great for painting out seams. Actually in the end I used mudbox for baking the final displacement and normal maps ( so much better than zbrush for that - no seams etc).
I then shaded and rendered the model in Maya using mental ray. Hope ya like.


Final ZBrush sculpt


Timelapse of ZBrush build


Re-topologised mesh in Maya


Final textured and shaded render in Maya


Final textured and shaded render in Maya


Final textured and shaded render in Maya

No comments:

Post a Comment